Moving into a new house can be a nightmare especially when you find out that the space you have in the bathroom does not quite fit the various items you would want to have there. You don’t need to move out to look for another place because of this, there are various ingenious ideas for creating extra storage space in that bathroom.
You probably have had those times when you are in a hurry to get somewhere but you cannot get an item in the house, sometimes a shoe, tie, and some cutlery in the kitchen or maybe a pair of your favorite socks. I had to mention socks because personally I have had this experience a couple of times and it just spoils my mood that entire morning. These challenges can be as a result of disorganization which can be caused by lack of enough
space, a crowded room can be very frustrating and that is why most people look for ways to create extra storage ideas.
Thanks to the internet, there is a myriad of information on how to create such space from do-it-yourself articles, videos to blogs that deal specifically with interior design. However, at times the “how to…” articles don’t just quite do the trick because your specific need might be very different to the said article. Issues such as the space you are working with, your budget, because let’s face it, most of the ideas require remodeling and purchasing equipment can add to the challenge that one has to go through in order to create space.
Before Creating Space
The scarcity of storage space is unique to an individual, meaning my issue with space might differ from yours. There are a couple of things that you should consider before you start to rearrange items in the house and adding attachments, sometimes without proper consideration, you might end up with a more crowded house when trying to create solutions than it previously was.
1. Take stock. Which are the ‘trouble spots’? Occasionally it is maybe just an issue with storage space for your clothes in the bedroom or toiletries in the bathroom or it’s just a matter of old furniture. Thus, before doing an overhaul which might turn out more costly, identify your need then work around that particular area the results would be more fulfilling.
2. Budget. The old adage that ‘money talks.’ Is actually true, after you have taken stock of the areas in the house you need to work on the next important phase is how much you are willing to spend. I know you have probably seen those ideas that do not need any money to implement but the truth is if you want to create storage space that will be satisfactory and convenient you have to spend some.
3. Get information. Once you have your budget now source ideas on storage saving, information can be got from surfing the internet, talking to experts and friends, books. Just get lots of those then compare notes, after which you need to come up with a model that fits your budget and meets your spacing needs.
Space Storage Ideas for the Bathroom
1. Slim storage cart tiers. There are those tight spaces in the bathroom instead of just ignoring them and thinking they won’t hold much, try the slim cart tiers then can be a 2- tier, 3 or even 4 depending on the space.
2. Under the sink. This area is usually not put into much use because the height between the floor and the sink might short consider using cabinet shelves for storage if installing a wooden one is a challenge you can try out the drawer mesh organizer which can serve the same purpose.
3. Hanging Organizer. If you have tried to organize your bathroom and space is still an issue try hanging organizers the first place you want to place one is on the door the height gives you room to have a number of pouches. Walls can also be used in the mounting of such organizers.
4. Sliding storage mirror. Instead of going for the standalone mirror when don’t you try a bathroom mirror that has storage? These mirrors are usually mounted on the wall and are made like cabinets but on what is meant to be the door a mirror is placed. They are popular for storing medicine, jewelry or even the beauty products.
5. Bath Caddies. The soap dish might not be enough for the various soaps and potions, therefore, consider using bath caddies that are attached to the tub or the shower head or even the sink using hooks and they act as a stash for organizing our toiletries.
6. Expandable towel rack. Such kind of racks can be placed on cabinets for keeping towels and washcloths nearby, you can increase the number of bars to cater for the number of towels you have.
7. Rolling organizer. The upside of using such organizers for storage is you can move them around the bathroom thus they do not have to be in one particular position and can also be used to cart laundry.
8. Over the door hook. The number of hooks and design can be related to the size of your door, this is a great storage idea for anything that you want off the ground.
9. Over the toilet cabinets. They are made to extend slightly less than the sink’s with and the height can be as high as you want them to be(see here: over the toilet space saver). They can have adjustable shelves of fixed ones depending on your design and are great in organizing accessories.
10. Over the door basket. Once you have those cabinets made below the sink maximize its use by having baskets hanging over the door with racks for putting different items.
This goes to show that creating space doesn’t have to be a daunting task, provided you have the right idea on what you want to do and get the right information on how to do it then you can get it done the right way.